Office 365 migration advantages and benefits
Office 365 is a Cloud Service (SaaS) offered by Microsoft which is subscription-based. Such subscription plans include Office 365 Business Essentials, Office 365 Business, Office 365 Business Premium, Office 365 Enterprise E1, Office 365 Enterprise E3, Office 365 Enterprise E5. A comparison of subscriptions and what they include can be found on Microsoft webpage(https://products.office.com/en-ca/compare-all-microsoft-office-products?&activetab=tab%3aprimaryr2)
Depending on the plan chosen, one can install the latest Microsoft versions of Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote. Based on the needs and usage an SMB can select the optimal plan with the best value for the money Office 365 subscription.
In addition to the latest Office applications, an Office 365 account will offer Cloud Storage by including the OneDrive service. Using OneDrive, you can keep all your documents in one place and access them from everywhere and on any device. From storage to shared workplace and videoconferences, now you can do everything no matter the place or the device you use to work.
All your files can be stored in Office 365 Cloud, taking advantage of both 1TB files storage space. Additionally, you can use the email service, based on Exchange that offers secure communications and storage for all the SMB emails.
In brief, some of the Office 365 solution advantages are:
- All users utilize the same version of Office. This will be the latest version available meaning the most feature-rich and the most secure.
- Users can access the data from every place and any device.
- Monthly payment of the service means operational expenditure instead of capital expenditure. This will optimize and make efficient both the onboarding of new employees as well as offboarding an employee that leaves the company.
- All the monthly costs are fixed and foreseeable;
- No need for on-premises servers and hardware;
- Common and collaborative workspace – it is easy to work in teams since the files can be stored online and can be shared with other users from inside and outside the company;
- Offers all the tools to communicate from email to Instant Messaging, social networks, and video conferences.
The migration process should be thought of and designed in advance. Moving from an on-premises solution to an Office 365 solution will be a success if it is well planned. Such migration strategies will be discussed in a later blog post. We must mention that it should be done by professionals with experience and expertise in Microsoft Solutions.
Roca Networks can help you implement Office 365. We have deployed many solutions like this and we manage our customers’ IT infrastructure that uses the service. We can offer audit, implementation, migration, and administration of Office 365 solutions for SMB and Enterprises. If you would like to find out more about what we can offer and how you would benefit please send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave your contact details in our contact form – https://www.rocanetworks.com/contact-us